background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Things I have Cried About this week

The week after the accident was an emotional rollercoaster for me. I cried almost every day about something, at least once. Here is a run down, more for my own remembrance than yours:

-Not knowing if there were any diapers in the diaper bag at the hospital
-There were diapers in the diaper bag at the hospital
-There weren't any wipes in the diaper bag
-William didn't have his shoes on
-I didn't feed William his lunch, someone else did
-A nurse told me that John was losing part of a finger.
-The nurse told me I would need a minimum of 4 hours of monitoring in labor & delivery before I could leave.
-The nurse told me John wasn't going to lose part of his finger.
-My parents were coming to get us
-My parents were delayed by very bad weather.
-John was discharged and brought up to labor & delivery
-John is in pretty rough shape on the outside
-Overall, John is going to be okay.
-My parents came to get us at the hospital. I was so relieved.
-Having to get back in the car and drive anywhere. I was ready to make a permanent move to Iowa City.
-I didn't really want to move to Iowa City
-Going through our belongings that were rescued from the car was HUGE. It was a HUGE reminder that we were incredibly lucky we weren't in pieces as well.
-Puzzle pieces were missing from a new puzzle we were giving William for Christmas
-Puzzle pieces weren't missing from another new puzzle we were giving William for Christmas
-I wasn't sure where any of our stuff was - I didn't know what was missing, broken or just misplaced.
-We had SO MUCH STUFF in the car! How were we going to get it all home?
-One of the Christmas presents we made was lost
-That Christmas present was found
-That Christmas present didn't fit IN my parents' car
-We don't have my car anymore
-John needs a lot of help to do everyday kinds of things (deodorant anyone?)
-Anytime we found glass anywhere (there was a LOT of broken glass)
-Trying to decide whether or not to make the trip to Grand Forks
-Deciding it was too risky to make the trip to Grand Forks
-Deciding it was too precious a time to miss the trip to Grand Forks\
-Repeat times about 75 the last two
-Thinking about getting back in the car again
-After spending close to 2 hours on the phone with the insurance company trying to find a provider in Rochester that would be covered the day before a holiday (answer: there wasn't one).
-Staying home with William while my mom took John to the doctor
-My dad came home from work to stay with William so I could be with John
-Leaving William at home with my dad
-Seeing John in the emergency room
- When the doctor told us John would need to have surgery...today
-When John was wheeled into surgery
-When we decided it was best for me to go home and spend some time with William and have my mom stay at the hospital
-When the nurse called to tell me John was out of surgery
-When the nurse told me John would have to stay overnight in the hospital (I will admit I did not take this news well at all)
-Seeing John being wheeled into a hospital room
-Being told I wouldn't be allowed to stay the night at the hospital with John
-Sleeping at night without John there
-Seeing John in the morning at the hospital
- When we got to walk out of the hospital that night. Together.
-When William saw his daddy for the first time after he came back from the hospital
- Opening presents at my parent's house with William, he was so delighted by everything.


There are many more things, many of them contradictory to each other. The pregnancy hormones (still going strong) don't help either.

No comments: