background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lasting Effects, Updates

First, a rant: with everything our family has been through in the last few weeks, I thought by now things would be getting easier. How long would you guess it would take to make an appointment to have 7-10 stitches removed? Answer: four days and over 3 hours on the phone arguing with different doctor's offices.

John: His recovery is going well. He had the staples removed from his head almost a week ago and it is looking much better. He is working very hard at becoming independent again. He is able to do almost everything for himself that is needed with a few small exceptions (driving, putting some types of shirts on, cutting up meat while eating). His physical therapy program (done at home) is going very well and he is working hard at keeping his fingers moving as directed by the physical therapist. We do have an appointment this next week to get the stitches removed from his fingers.

Kelly: Completely boring and uneventful. Neck and upper back are still sore. Baby inside is kicking and active as normal. Has regular boring OB appointment this next week. Bruises and bumps are all gone.

William: Totally spoiled by time at Grandma's house. Bumps and bruises are all healed. Has started asking questions about owies. Daddy owie? Daddy hurt? Mama hurt? Mama okay? Is it as a result from the accident? Hard to say. We haven't had any trouble getting him to ride in his carseat at all although he had kind of an odd freak out at the car wash yesterday. Again hard to say if it would have happened anyways.

1 comment:

Tom and Robyn said...

I don't know how it's possible that I'm JUST reading all of this today. Things have been busy and I haven't been keeping up, but...I feel like I should have been!

I'm so sorry that you guys went through such a horrifying ordeal. I'm incredibly relieved that you are all OK, that you were able to spend Christmas with your families, and I hope that John's recovery continues to go well.

On a much, much more shallow note, I love your new van! I once had my heart set on an Odyssey too, but sadly it just wasn't meant to be.

You guys take care. I'm so glad that you had so many caring people around you to make sure that you were safe.