background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

12th Night Party

We were invited to a 12th Night party ages ago and responded we would be there. Although it has been kind of a crazy few weeks, there didn't seem to be any reason why hanging out with some friends and acquaintances wouldn't be a good time this last weekend. We attended this same party and were a little overwhelmed when the hosts two teen aged sons greeted us at the door with full out black tuxedos. So this year we stepped it up a little and made more of an effort towards "formal". And then we booked a babysitter. Yay us!


What 28 weeks pregnant looks like on me. Rocking the almost double chin. Note to self: Lay off the brownies starting next week. Several people at the party did a very noticeable double take when I mentioned my due date is at the end of March. Although they did restrain themselves and not ask about the possibility of twins in there. I promise, there aren't two in there. Just Newbaby and my best friends brownies, cookies and ice cream.


Kelly and John sort of dressed up. This is John's current hand splint situation. Makes shirts tricky - otherwise I'm sure he would have been in tails. Or not. With the picture enlarged, you can see the beginnings of my outy belly button. Sure does make getting the lint out easier.

2 comments:

Us! said...

When I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with Aidan, I was scouring the bargain bins at Archiver's. A lady that worked there walked up to me and said 'whoa, honey, how many do you have in there?" Honestly, to this day, I can't say what stopped me from clocking her. Seriously. If it happens again this prengancy, I hope that I can show the same restraint.

Emmy

Tom and Robyn said...

You guys look great! How fun to have a night out alone, dressed up.

And boo to the people who seem to think you're getting huge. You don't look like you're having twins, or that you're further along than 6 months. At least no one said anything. Keep those brownies coming!