background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Thankful

I'm working on reminding myself to be thankful and not crabby. Here is a post I've been meaning to write, but haven't because I just haven't been feelin' all that thankful recently. Here is my try:


All of the thank you notes for our Christmas gifts have been written and sent out. We've published a letter in the Iowa City Citizen thanking people for their help on the day of our accident. We've written to thank the volunteer fire department and the family who came to the emergency room with shoes for William, a shirt for John and a bag of M& M's for me. However, there is another group of people out there who deserve a HUGELY public display of gratefulness from our family. In no particular order:

*To my mom who calmly handled the first (and subsequent) phone call from the ambulance

*To my family who dropped everything they were doing to come and get us after the accident

*To my mom who made some calls to some friends to find out about treating John's injury and then taking John all over town in order to satisfy our insurance requirements.

*To my mom who was SO calm for John during all those hours with the doctors and asking all the questions that needed to be asked.

*To my family for all the HOURS of William sitting you provided. Megan, Mike, Grandpa, & Grandma. You were huge lifesaver for us at a moment's notice. You allowed John and I to be together when we needed it most. You protected William from having to see John (and us) go through some very hard times. You changed work schedules and moved around commitments so William was always taken care of. And then? When the emergency was over? You STILL offered to watch William so we could go out to celebrate our anniversary, ring in the New Year and shop for a new car. AWESOME.

*To our extended families. We weren't exactly in holiday spirits this year. We weren't exactly in any spirits at all with the exception of the Stressed Out Spirit and Crabby Spirit. Yet, you helped us celebrate Christmas and for this we are glad. We will be able to look back at the pictures and see happiness was present this year at Christmas. I'm so glad William didn't have to celebrate with Stressed Out and Crabby by himself. That would have been a poopy Christmas all around.

*To my dad who went car shopping with us and "held our hands" along the way. We made some mistakes the first time around and you didn't let us (read:me) do it again this time.

*To Grandpa Heidt who allowed us to borrow the red wagon. When there are two cars and five people in a house needing to get to different places, it is very challenging.

*To all of you! You keep checking back on us even though I am crabby and ungrateful. I am thankful for you! AND

*For all of the prayers and thoughts that have been with our family over the last month. I know that John's healing and recovery are not entirely a result of his hard work alone. Your hard work has been paying off. Thank you.



Thank you....I'm getting there...instead of demanding SERENITY NOW! I'm more along the lines of Serenity soon, please.

No comments: