background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Crafting Revealed

This holiday season, I was feeling especially crafty! Almost every night in December I got my craft on in my new craft area in our basement (pictures of craft area coming soon). Here are just a few of the things that I made for family members (with some help from John in one case).

This is kind of an odd picture, but the gift is actually behind grandma on the fireplace. John and I made my parents a fireplace guard similar to the one at our house. It fits tightly over the fireplace to prevent the bumping of noggins on the stone. I had some leftover material and ended up making 3 matching throw pillows for the couch (not pictured at all for some reason). A little bit amazing is that this gift was so large it was hanging over the top of the backseat on the passenger side during our trip to MN. Although it was right next to me, it didn't touch me at ALL during the rolling action we experience in the car. Which is good because underneath the soft batting is very hard 2x4' s and plywood. A little bit sad is that we had wrapped this in big lawn garbage bags because of the size. During the confusion after the accident, this gift was temporarily misplaced (and I thought thrown away). With a little work, we were able to get it back from some very nice people. However, it was damaged on one side at some point.
I made a baby quilt for Cana! Wooohoooo! I was actually sewing the binding on this quilt when the accident happened. Still not sure how I didn't end up with a needle/pin in my eye, but I didn't!

This is a quilt I actually started in 2002 as a gift for my friend Jessica, who was getting married. The pattern of the quilt is called "Greek Cross", which is where she went on her honeymoon. Time got away from me and I didn't ever get the quilt done. But, I didn't feel right giving her the baby quilt and not her wedding quilt. So, I hurried up and finished this quilt also.

The backside (shows the stitching) of the wedding quilt


In addition, I created 3 different photo calendars for our families which I didn't take pictures of....

No comments: