background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

More Rochester Christmas (Heidt)

It is a good thing that Christmas is my favorite holiday and favorite time of the year. Because this year we had a whole lot of Christmas! On December 26th, we celebrated with John's family at his brother's house in Rochester. It was wonderful to have everyone together to visit and watch the kids play together. Before we had children, I wouldn't have rated watching kids play with their cousins very high on the list of things I was excited about. However, every time they are together, I have to admit at get a little teary just seeing how cute they are together (most of the time). It is so heart warming and wonderful! Now, my only regret is there aren't MORE cousins out there for us to play with (Hear that aunties and uncles? My mother is going to kill me).

William with his Uncle Mike Heidt. At one point Mike had all three of the youngest cousins balanced on his lap - would have made an adorable picture except I was worried one would topple over if I wasn't right there.


We were in luck that Christmas was at Uncle Mike's house! He has LOTS of cools toys for us to play with (it helps that Mike's kids are only 6 month younger than William). William was obsessed with mowing their carpet. He ran many laps around their house before dinnertime mowing down the carpet.
Jungle Jim: At one point, most of the little kids were climbing up, over and around Uncle Jim and [cousin] Ben! I missed that photo opportunity as I was worried about head bumping or finger stepping occurring without supervision!
After 5 different Christmases, William finally figures out the presents and opening of them. Wow! Puzzles! Thank you cousin Mikey!

Oooohhh....admiring the puzzle!
And a car! And an airplane! Thank you Uncle Joe and Aunt Cathy!

William LOVED this playhouse! (hint hint....birthday coming up...) All the kids enjoyed trying out Alex and Elena's new toy house. William especially liked the doorbell that would ring. Who is it? Someone is here! He would say every time.

No comments: