background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fluffy mail

We have been working working working. A few people have been admiring my insane nesting urges but I would like to clarify their precise origins as I feel that not all of my insane-ness is hormonal:

1) Our house has been "under construction" for close to two and a half years. Now hat the project is finally DONE, it is time to put things away and do a good job cleaning up the dust.

2) The flowers (crocuses?) are blooming in my backyard and it feels like it might be time to participate for the first time ever in the traditional "spring cleaning".

3) I am hormonal. Don't ask for more explanations than that. Just do it.

Two minor projects have been underway this last week. We are putting finishing touches on the nursery:
Stars & letters we painted for the nursery walls. I was dreaming about doing this before William was born, but I didn't have time because I was working full time.

John then drilled holes in each of the 56786168 stars and nailed them up on the walls to create a border. For the record, he did not complain once, try to talk me out of this or even roll his eyes at me during this whole process. He is a wonderful husband. We also hung curtains, curtain boxy things and the letters on the wall. I just didn't take pictures of those things.


The second project we've been working on is finding/acquiring baby gear to help us out with having two. Which, has resulted in a lot of shopping on my part. My life is so hard.
Fluffy mail! We got a whole new set of cloth diapers! After wearing his set for almost two years, William's are worn out! I'm excited we've ordered some new kinds of diapers as well as more diapers overall. These stacks of diapers should last us until potty training!
Our new double stroller! Notice Ernie is going for a ride. At first, William was very interested in climbing through the sun shades to get to the front seat and then climbing back again. This would not fly with a new baby. So, we put Ernie into the seat to help discourage him. It worked a little...


William and Ernie riding around. William is not happy here because Daddy had to stop pushing the stroller for me to take the picture!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What a nice husband! It must be nice husband because mine is installing new flooring while I sit and play one the computer. (Oh Well!!!)

The nursery looks great! I can't wait to see more pictures :)

We always try out new strollers in our house too :) I am hoping to never have to buy another again.

Anonymous said...

Oh the fun of getting everything ready, I feel for you! I love the colors on your new stroller. I hope it works out great! We never got a double stroller like this, but did get a double jogging/walking stroller that has served us very well... don't know how much I'll use that anymore because the boys like running, walking, and biking too much now.

I have started some of my shopping, mostly online since this town has virtually no stores that I need. I haven't hit full on nesting, and I still have plenty of time. Our baby's room is still a full functioning office. When I asked John when we would be moving everything (I am a little anxious about it since painting must be done by friends and family) he said after he assembles the new bookshelf. So, when will that be? I've already started moving my scrapbooking stuff. I can't move desks and computer and so forth though. I'm stuck. One major purchase just yesterday was a bike trailer (on closeout I might add, that's why I'm buying it 3 months before winter is officially over) since the boys and I love to ride bikes. Also, weird things that I have bought and think we need... BPA free water bottles for each person in the family. Yes, I even bought an extra one for the baby :0). And hooded towels for baby. It's funny the things that seem super important when getting ready! I might also add that I am dying to dig into the baby clothes in the garage to see what is gender neutral enough, but I have no dresser or place to put them right now. I will TRY to restrain myself.

I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!!

Love
Andrea