background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Awww....didn't last

I have to tell you the rest of the story from our music class last week. Just because it shows you exactly what I've been dealing with over the last few weeks. We left music class without major incident and I was feeling all warm and fuzzy about how cute our kid is. Before leaving any building lately, I require a pit stop. So, William and I went into the ladies locker room. I picked a stall and pulled William inside with me, quickly locking the door. William was instantly fascinated. I tried to distract him, but I was also reaching emergency stage of bathroom needs*. So, I proceeded...and I'm sure you can see where this is all going.

Yes, he figured out the lock within 1.212 seconds and yes there was both a swim class, cycle class and aerobics class filling the locker room at that very moment to view my very pregnant self. And, yes I had to go to the bathroom so badly that I just did my best to keep the door more than 50% shut while I took care of business.

*If you talk to my mother about this, she will laugh and tell you that I have more than earned this moment based on my own childhood behavior.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh MY!!! That is funny... I deserve some of that kind of behavior from my children as well. I guess it is a cycle, right?

You should hear me scream at the boys when the THREE of us are in a stall. It entails me screaming, "KEEP YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS!!! NO, YOU DON'T NEED TO LOOK IN THE LITTLE GARBAGE!!! NO YOU CAN NOT HAVE A QUARTER...IT ISN'T A CANDY MACHINE!!! DON'T TOUCH THE FLOOR!!!!" UGH.

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh out loud, because it is sooooo true! When I go in the stall with my 4 year old, I'm constantly yelling at him to not do exactly what Nicole said. FUNNY!!!! It's much better when I go in with the 6 1/2 yr old as well because I can usually have the two of them stand by the wall together and wait. He makes sure that his little brother doesn't get away with anything.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

What goes around comes around! It couldn't happen to a more deserving mama! (Love, MOM)