background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

Celebrating 10 months of Pregnancy

Whoever said that pregnancy is 9 months long lied. Lied or couldn't do math. Every month has 4 weeks in it. Currently, I have been pregnant 40 weeks which equals 10 months. And it currently doesn't look like the situation is going to be changing anytime soon. I'm feeling great and sleeping well. The pesky items like not having shirts long enough to cover the belly, not being able to reach my toes, or not being able to easily pick William up anymore are just inconvenient. See? Still hanging onto my zen. As a special treat, I thought I would share this:

This is the most pregnant I've ever been: 40 Weeks.
From the front. The shirt says: babyonboard. I'm trying to get some good use out of it before it isn't true anymore.

Warning: Bare Belly Ahead

Last night I noticed I had a really crooked belly. The picture didn't turn out great because I didn't want to wake John, but let me assure you my belly button is usually in the center of my belly. Also note, I cannot see my toes.



In other news, my parents and sister will be arriving this afternoon. My dad and sister will depart Sunday-ish and grandma is here for the long haul. We're glad to have them, although sorry we won't have a new baby to show off just yet.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

But Kelly... 52 weeks in the year... Minus 12 = 40. 12/4=3 months. 12-3=9 months. But then you are right because 40weeks/4= 10 months. Weird. How does that happen? So... I will let you in on something. I am no math genius. Shocking. I know.

You look GREAT! I don't think with either of my boys I was ever smiling at that point in a pregnancy. In fact, I am certain I was crying.

I am glad your parents are coming down. I will be thinking of you all weekend!!!

Tom and Robyn said...

You know where the math gets funny? It's because 4 weeks x 7 days=28 days, and most months have more than 28 days. Doctors and calendars do not mesh well.

I'm so glad you're still feeling good. I think I was writing this same post about a month ago. Hopefully your baby won't need to be evicted (even though I had a fine induction). Keep the Zen!