background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Next I Will be Growing a Hump

I don't really have anything new to report, but since some of you knew I had an OB appointment, I thought I should update.

This was by far the shortest appointment I have ever been to in my life: my OB was actually on time (and I was late! Shock!).

The biggest news is I have gained an astronomical amount of weight since last week on Thursday. I am not happy about this, but after looking at my fingers and ankles, the doctor pronounced this as water retention and normal for pregnancy*. I would like to know exactly what my body think it is going to need this water for. I am sure someone else at the hospital will be boiling the water for me during the delivery and we've had plenty of rain lately. If I am inspired later I will take some pictures of my puffy toes, feet and ankles. I am sure you can't wait.

I find it very funny that my doctor suggests drinking more water to flush out my system and assure my body that more fluid will be available in the future. She also recommends resting with my feet up and getting some mild cardio exercise. Contradictory? Yes.


Please stop reading if you do not want to hear information about my cervix.

___________________________________________________________________

I warned you - so no being mad. It would seem things are progressing, although slowly. My cervix is now about 60% thinned out and I am dialated to about 1 cm. All of this is good news because it indicates I may be able to breathe deeply or roll over on my own in bed someday sooner rather than later. However, it does not give any indication about when this might happen. So, we continue to wait. Patiently.



*Please note that a large weight gain can be a sign of trouble during pregnancy. However my blood pressure was very normal at 110/60ish and there wasn't anything else to cause concern.

No comments: