background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Wiped Out

William is learning new things so fast my brain hurts tonight. Sleep is something he simply doesn't have time for currently. He was up over an hour earlier than usual this morning and took 3 naps today totaling about 1.5 hours - and fought me on most of them. Typical total nap time is about 3.5 hours. On top of that it is 15687864656 degrees here right now which is enough to make anyone tired. Here is a list of what is new (I'm too tired to write it out...):

-6 Month pictures were taken yesterday at $ears. The pictures themselves we 100% better than his 3 month pictures. But, the prices were not. So, I do not think we will be back. I'm still working on how to share them online. Stay tuned for that one.

-pulled himself to standing this morning on the baby gate. Them pulled himself up to his tiptoes to reach for something he wasn't supposed to have on the other side of the gate (it isn't called "baby jail for nothing)

-Pulled himself to standing using the dishwasher rack. Managed to pull the dishwasher rack off of the dishwasher and almost onto himself before I caught him. I didn't think the bottom rack even CAME out of the dishwasher. Shows you what I know.

-At the grocery store this morning he was getting crabby and cried/yelled at me "Mamamamama!" I was so stunned, I stopped driving my cart and almost caused a 3 cart pile up. And then my heart and brain fell to pieces of mush right there in the chip aisle. It could have been a huge mess. After I recovered myself and apologized to the carts behind me, I said "mamamamama" back to him. He giggled and replied "Mamamammama" like he knew it was something special. Then, he had a tantrum resulting in us exiting the grocery store with great speed (and high volume as well). I haven't been able to convince him to do it again (the mama thing, not the high volume thing). Apparently, he is saving it for another time when he is in hot water with me. Smart boy.

-We are working on clapping hands skill. William thinks it is quite funny (most of the time, unless he cries. Then he doesn't like it) most of the time when other people clap their hands. He is not interested in learning it himself. We have progressed from the hitting the table with one hand to banging two plastic blocks together with about 67 percent accuracy. The rest of the time he drops one of the blocks or misses when he brings his hands together.

-Several times in the last few days he has been experimenting with some "cruising" (hanging on to furniture and moving hands/feet to get somewhere else). He is really good at the moving hands part and reaching. He does NOT understand the whole moving the feet thing though. His upper body moves along and he picks up his feet and puts them down in the same place or on top of each other. Then, he is off balance as his body is now a diagonal line with his arms very far away from his head. This makes him very frustrated and a little scared (I think) as he doesn't know how to go back the other direction or move his feet towards his arms. But, it doesn't stop him from trying it again and again and again....

-Oatmeal is being tolerated very well and so today we added : Pears! He ate them all up along with his favorite sweet potatoes. Pictures will come at a later time (Read the last sentence in the first paragraph).

-Sat down on purpose by himself 3-4 times tonight to a cheering crowd. I am not confident he will retain this skill for our nap sessions tomorrow.

No comments: