background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cruisin' and Bruisin'

Determined. Stubborn even. William is bound and determined to figure out this whole cruising thing. At any moment you can find him pulling himself upright upon any object in our house, regardless of its stability. The door to the laundry room, from inside his crib, from outside his crib, from inside baby jail, on the coffee table, on the dishwasher, on the computer chair (yes, the one with wheels), the oscillating fan, a tall bookshelf, etc are all places he has (attempted) to pull himself up in the last few days. Once upright, the feet and hands start to go and he cruises along hanging on to the furniture. They aren't very coordinated yet, but he did manage to do 4-5 laps around his baby jail over the course of today. Moving only towards his left. Haven't quite worked out the right direction yet. That would lead to the second part of the title: bruises. This poor little baby is covered in bruises. Arms, legs, back and even one on his sweet little head. Makes me sad - but as I said before he is bound and determined to be in motion all the time.


Peeking over the top of the baby jail

Napping is quite difficult because of this. I'm not really sure what to do with him. He is sleeping less at night and less during the day. He is absolutely exhausted and crabby as can be. Yet, the moment I put him in his crib, he is already moving to pull himself up. According to my books, he should be sleeping more now, not less. Before, the moment I published about our sleep struggles, they disappeared (something is grammatically incorrect here, but I'm too tired to sort it out now). Hoping the same will happen now....please!

He is also doing this funny little yoga move that reminds me of the downward dog position. While sitting on the floor, he leans over so he is in a position to crawl. Then, he pushes his behind up in the air and looks up at me. I'm not entirely sure, but my guess is that he would like to push himself up into standing. Hopefully that won't happen until next week at least. I can't believe how fast it is happening. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this time next month he is learning to drive or leaving for college. Although, potty training would be nice....

Yesterday, we introduced applesauce into the circulation of fruits. William enjoyed it very much, despite our concern that it would be to tart for his bland loving taste buds. No problems at all! All we have left are the prunes from the first step foods! (Yummy!)


Applesauce

Not sure about the first bite...

Quit taking my picture!

We are so happy to hear that William's new cousins are finally home with their mom and dad as of Saturday. I decided it wasn't a good idea to publish more pictures of the twins without permission from their parents. But! I got these this last weekend and how can I not share them? Are they not the most precious pictures ever? Ever?


Alexander & Elena at the hospital

Elena & Alexander at home!

Grandpa Heidt left yesterday morning to drive back to Rochester. We are so thankful for his help with the drywall. John and Grandpa worked very hard and completed most of our drywall (3 little spots left to take care of)! Wow! It is looking great down there!


The family room

The office

The bathroom/family room

No comments: