background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Back to School Day!

Here is the photo slideshow I have been working on:



Today the buses came through our neighborhood and picked up the kids with shiny new backpacks standing at the corners. It was a little bittersweet. It is one of the first days of school in twenty eight years I am not going back to school also. The three of us (John, William and I) were all invited to a wonderful back to school party at Jeff's house on Friday night. Jeff gave us this:

to commemorate William's first hike. It is a picture of all of the hikers in a frame with rocks from the creek bed along the hike craftily attached to the frame. Very, very special! It was fabulous to relax and hang out with everyone again. William crawled around and pulled himself up on all kinds of dangerous objects and all kinds of people watched out for him and put him back on the ground (or picked him up and cuddled him). It was just what we needed. I love my coworkers. And yes mom, I'm writing my thank you note right now.

As this weekend was also our ten year class reunion, I also have been thinking back to the first day of school 10 years ago when I started college with my bestest friend Jessica by my side. Aren't we cute for our first day (this picture is posted without permission)? Anyway, I just wanted to also wish Jessica happy 10 year anniversary of our first day of college. And we survived. More impressive, we are still friends. Even if we didn't go to our reunion.



Now for the reason we didn't go to the reunion. We have done a lot of driving this summer and although William has proved to be a champion traveler, we felt bad asking him to sit for a long time in the car two days so close together. John and I talked it over and couldn't decide...still couldn't decide. I leaned towards going, he leaned towards staying home. So, we based our decision on something completely shallow. If I could find something appropriate to wear, we would go. If not, we would stay home. I couldn't find anything to wear. The shorts in the above picture might have covered up my post baby belly nicely, but I sadly don't own those any more. To be fair, I did quite a bit of shopping with William and the two of us couldn't agree on anything. So, in the end we stayed home. All (sort of) because I couldn't find something to wear. Oh well...


Finally, evidence of childproofing at our house from this evening:



No comments: