background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 6, 2007

Pull up Oatmeal Boy

William has mastered the pull up skill with speed and not so many bumps on his head as you would imagine (although, we are due for a big one...we have 6 month pictures scheduled for Wednesday). The last few days, nap time has become a yell-a-thon struggle. William lays down and fusses for a short period of time. It gets quiet and I lay back and think "...ahhh, now I am going to [insert selfish activity here]."

I am not getting my pedicure, eating my bon bons OR even taking a nap because no less than thirty seconds after I decide on my particular choice of self indulgence, the screaming commences. Prior to this week, I have been timing the crying/yelling and trying to get William to sooth himself back to sleep. It had been working pretty well up until Sunday with minimal fussing. However, now the fussing indicates that he is UP!!! and cannot (or will not) figure out how to get back down again. I swear we have done hundreds of repetitions the past few days and knowing how to sit down apparently is not a transferable skill to different environments. Hopefully in the next few days, he'll pick it up and we'll be good.


Unhappy boy before a nap...yes I am a terrible parent. I took the pictures (or two) and then picked him up.

Happy standing up after a nap


More proof that naps are a good thing

Today we started William on oatmeal. I can't figure out this whole food thing. Everything I read is different so I give up. Some stuff says to do the different cereals first, some information says to wait until the first fruits and vegetables are done. Well, we are almost out of the rice cereal and happen to have a big box of the oatmeal cereal. So, today is the day! He had a little trouble keeping it in his mouth (too runny?), but enjoyed it very much otherwise. Tonight also started our church Vacation Bible School which I have volunteered to help with. I am teaching the 4-6 graders. They are a little young...but lots of fun. I am totally exhausted after running around after them for two hours this evening. When I signed up, the director thought we might have 6-10 kids in my group. No problem for someone used to the 25- 35 kid range. Turns out there were 16 tonight and only 3 of them are girls. And they are all friends....and their name tags all fell off after the first twenty minutes. Should be a fun week! I'm glad I'm able to help out.


The first bite...hmmm..


OOoooooo-atmeal!

New favorite trick? Using his top and bottom teeth to bite down on the spoon


2 kitties and the kid. Run while you can kitties!

PS So excited! Grandpa Heidt might be coming this weekend to help with the drywall! Weehee!

1 comment:

Tom and Robyn said...

The picture of him hanging over the rail of his crib is so cute. Jacob does the same thing when he wakes up.

I agree about the food, you'll never hear the same thing from 2 different sources. I'm sure you're doing fine with introducing food. William seems to love it!