background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oooooo-Ah

The word of the day Ooooooo-ah. To be stated with expression of discovery similiar to "Ah yes, so that is how it works."

Examples of use:

1. I opened the freezer to see if there was anything more interesting in it than 30 seconds before. William stuck his head in, looked around and said "Oooooo-Ah."

2. While changing William's diaper, I set the dirty diaper to one side and set to the task of trying to button up his shorts as he rolled over and over. Somehow, he managed to get ahold of the (wet) diaper, he swung it around towards me so it opened up. He peered inside and commented "Ooooo-Ah"

3. While William was napping, I snacked upon pretzels while paying some bills at the computer. I set them on the floor when I heard William wake up from his nap. I brought William back into the computer room to finish up what I was doing. Then, I went back to his room to grab some toys so he wouldn't try to pull up on the fan or chew on the fan cord. While in his room grabbing 2 toys, I heard a delighted "OOooooOO-Ah!" coming from the computer room and the sound of the plastic pretzel bag rustling. I ran at the speed of light in time to just catch the bag from being totally tipped upside down.

4. I was getting ready for the day in the bathroom. William was on the floor, playing with one of his books...until he wasn't anymore and was pulling himself up on the small trashcan (full). He pulled himself up to his knees and peeked over the top. As he peeked, he tipped the trashcan over. "Ooooo-a" he said wisely.

There were other events today that were "Ooooo-ah" worthy, I just can't think of them now. Onwards to other things...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Update:

William had prunes yesterday for the first time (besides his prune juice). This is the last Stage One baby food we had left, so now we are on to the stage 2 stuff. And hopefully other solid stuff. Solid food stuff I mean. I think we will start meats sometime this week. Not looking forward to that - they look yucky to me. I guess I'll have to wait and see what he thinks.


First taste - kind of looks like chocolate, doesn't it? Sure doesn't taste like it. I promise.

Halfway though

All done! And trying a Gerber Puffed Sweet Potato thing.
The eating real! solids front: The Gerber puff things are WAY easier to handle than the Cheerios. We'll have to go back to those again later.

Crunching it between his teeth/pushing it out of his mouth with his tongue


Those puffs are REALLY hard to catch! Trying to figure out what to do with it now that it is in his hand. Funny, because everything else ends up in his mouth.


Trying for the mouth. The whole opening hand thing is very difficult.

No comments: