background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 3, 2007

Peachy Cousin Christine

Its been awhile. I'm sore from hitting the running track at the Y for the first time in...well, a long time. My back up title for this post is "The Jiggler", which is the perfect word for how the excess on my body felt while I huffed and puffed around the track. No great records were broken for time or distance, but it feels good to be back at it (sort of good/mostly sore).

Meanwhile, we began peaches on Thursday with William. He made a little face at first, but then gobbled the rest of them up. William had sweet potatoes at the same time and I have to say it was hard keeping track of what was what in the bowl.




Thursday evening, my cousin Christine arrived on her way to Ohio from Colorado. I can't believe I haven't seen her since John and I got married more than five years ago! I wasn't expecting her to be able to see William as she and her boyfriend, Tom, arrived right at William's bedtime. Fifteen minutes before she pulled up, he was heading towards meltdown mode. Yet, as soon as she walked in the door, he was all smiles! He turned on the charm and convinced me it would be okay for him to stay up a little later than usual. I even hoped he would sleep in a little in the morning after being up so late (nope on the sleeping in). Here are the two of them (Tom is in the background) having a good time a good HOUR after William's bedtime.




Sadly, they left early this morning before the two of us were up. They were stopping by the arch before hitting the road back to Ohio. M@pquest claims it is only 6 hours between us. I'm not sure I believe that - Christine promises to verify this for us today as they drive (You hear that Chrissie? You owe me an e mail with the details). We look forward to spending a little more time with the two of them (Christine and Tom) at the upcoming wedding this fall for her sister, Beth.

The last picture is what William has been spending all his free time working on: pulling himself up. In his crib at bedtime, in baby jail, on the kitchen floor, on my lap, you name it and he is trying to pull himself upright. Here he is in baby jail, working on pulling himself upright.




No comments: