background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2007

What are you calling him?

"What are you calling him?" is one of the biggest questions people ask us after they find out William's name. William has lots of potential to be shortened and changed for different nicknames. As we will be coming home soon, I think this is a topic we should cover so everyone knows the answer to this question.

For right now, we really aren't calling him anything except William. Most of the time, I say "Your son pooped his pants...again" and John will say "The baby is crying...again". He is just starting to show personality and I think (hope) we will have a better idea about what nickname fits him best. We don't really have strong feelings about any of the possibilities. I happen to be a fan of Will and Liam. However, Bill, Billly, Billy Bob, Will or Liam are all okay...Willy is NOT. After teaching eighth graders for so long, Willy brings to mind something that is inappropriate for my little boy. So, Will, Liam, Bill, Billy, Billy Bob, or William are all okay with us. Willy...is NOT!

In other news, we have been having some pretty good nights. I'll write more about them if they continue this weekend. Today we ran some errands around town in the rain and then walked when John came home from work and the weather cleared up. For dinner, we started making a dent in the sloppy joe dinners I made before William was born. We haven't even started the taco dinners or the lasagna dinners I made. I think I though we needed dinners for a year...our freezer is still fuller than it has ever been before!

No comments: