background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 16, 2009

Two Two Two!

This post is supposed to be all about this picture. And the video below. But, I've been stalling on putting it up because they (the pic and video) just don't do justice to how things are around here. With Amelia's newfound mobility, my life has gotten a LOT (and I mean A LOT) more difficult. Amelia is everywhere she shouldn't be. Always. Guaranteed. Also guaranteed is how I spend a few moments every day wondering how she'll make it to her first birthday intact. I have a whole post about it coming up soon. However, one of the brighter points in my new high stressed life is that suddenly, I know what Amelia wants to do: she wants to be as close to her big brother as possible. She wants to be right next to him all the time. John and I were prepping dinner one night with Amelia at our feet. The next moment, she was gone and when we looked further, we discovered she had traveled a huge distance to play at her brother's feet in the next room. Her adoration of him is just so sweet, so true that it brings tears to my eyes. No one can make her smile bigger, laugh harder, or squeal louder with glee (although, I have to confess, I am a close second). William isn't always gentle and Amelia seems to bask in any type of affection, regardless of the strength. They play peek a boo, patty cake, sing songs, tell stories, read books and so much more together. It is awesome, amazing and beyond words to watch their relationship develop.

A new problem has been created at the same time. With this new mobility in conjunction with the Amelia's favorite pastime of pulling up, William has very few safe spaces left to play. In the beginning, he moved his toys out of her reach and then WAY out of her reach on the floor. Then he moved up a level to the fireplace hearth and coffee table. But, now these places are no longer safe from the destructive baby sister. So, this weekend I think may bring back "Baby Jail" for William to have as his own space. He might like playing in it more now that he is older. We'll see.







Also lots of fun are watching two babies grow together! Our friend Lilly came over again to play:

Amelia and Lilly
Amelia checks Lilly out...Lilly isn't sure she likes this game!
I'd like to say that Amelia is trying to hug Lilly here, but that isn't the truth. I think it was more like trying to poke Lilly in the eye. Or pull her hair. Or chew on her fingers.

No comments: