background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Prunes & a Story

Well, we've had some....slow down in the digestive area with the introduction of more solids. So tonight...PRUNES!

The prunes
Amelia waits The first bite...
Not really a fan....One more little taste
Not opening.... This is about how the rest went. She wasn't a fan and didn't really open up for any more.After dinner puffs. Is this a sign of things to come?
Will she want a nose ring next?
When we take pictures of Amelia eating, William always announces it is his turn for a picture. Here is a nice smile!
Amelia needed a bath this morning due to a diaper related malfunction (or maybe diaper duty negligence. I'll never tell.) when I made a great discovery.

Photographic proof that the wild woman hair is still present. Just longer.

I can't tell you how happy this made me!
__________

A Story

We were driving home from Target tonight and Amelia was wailing away. Sadly, she has been very unhappy this week. Not that you could tell if you stopped by to see us. She'd still charm the pants off of you with her smile.

Anyhow, she was wailing away in the backseat while I was driving home. William was buckled in next to her (P.S. He didn't take a nap today). Because I can't physically soothe her while driving, I started to sing and she quieted down. However, when one stopped, the other started.

"NO!!! I DON'T LIKE IT SINGING!!"

"What? Do you want me to sing a different song?" (baby wailing resumes) I start singing another song.

"DON'T SING THAT SONG! NO SINGING!"

"William, Mama is singing so baby sister doesn't fell so sad." (cue baby wailing, somehow louder than before) I attempt yet another song, although it is hard to hear myself over all the yelling and wailing.

"I DON'T LIKE SINGING! NO SINGING! NO SONGS!"


Repeat above conversation.

I continue to sing, Amelia quiets. Tragic sobbing begins from William (fake, complete with stopping for distractions like a big garbage truck). I can't win, can I? One of the longest trips home from Target on record.

2 comments:

Tom and Robyn said...

Hee hee! Love that story. Sounds like William has a big head start on being 3.

Nicole said...

Isn't it funny how kids just all seem to dislike prunes. Sometimes, I would sneak prune juice with other juice and the boys both could tell. WHAT???

One time Keiran, who was probably about William's age, would howl like that when I would sing in the car. Then I took him for a well child check up and he had an ear infection! Now he LOVES my singing... okay, so that is taking it a bit far :)