background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

What a busy weekend! John played trivia on Friday night with our friends (I, sadly had to stay home with The Baby Who Will Not Take a Bottle) and we had two pumpkin events this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday!

Saturday was a Pumpkin Carving contest at my former coworkers house. John and I make a great team. I don't really like the carving of the pumpkin. I always have an elaborate plan that doesn't work out because my arm gets tired before I am done. In the end, I'm disappointed because it doesn't look like the idea I had in my head. John strongly dislikes scooping out the pumpkin guts, but doesn't mind carving. I scoop, John carves. Perfect.

William is finally old enough to kind of understand what is going on. He was very excited to be a helper...although he wasn't really a fan of the gooey insides either.

Amelia and her godfather, Jeff. He is showing her the first beer he brewed himself. She was very excited about tasting it and worked very hard to get as much of herself in it without any luck.


Carved pumpkins lit up
Carved pumpkins with a flash. After everyone at the party carves their pumpkin, they get lined up outside on the step for judging. We couldn't stay that long this year though!


On Sunday, our church hosted a Pumpkin Carving Party/Chili Cook Off for families. We had a LOT of fun!


It is wonderful how the big kids let the littler ones in the group. William did not have anyone tell him he wasn't allowed to be with them. They all gave him jobs to do and let him help. Although I wasn't thrilled to find him with sharp objects in his hands every time I turned around, it warmed my heart to see how much fun he was having with the big kids.
Again, tag teaming. John carving.
Kris was so patient with William!
William wanted to have a "happy" pumpkin (L) and a "sad" pumpkin (R)


The chili tasting set up - there was a LOT of chili! People voted by putting money into the jars in front of the crock pots. The person with the most money won the cook off! All the money raised was given to a family in our congregation struggling with medical expenses.
Daddy and Mia. I think she played with this cup more than most of her toys we've paid for with money. Also wearing her cute Halloween pajamas!
Daddy & Mia
Guess what? I am the Chili cook off winner*! I won a ladle trophy and a Halloween set of towels/potholders! Yahoo!





*I found out later, my husband significantly "fixed" the vote. So, I know where the votes came from now!

No comments: