background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday, Monday

Amelia= cruising 10/26/2009. Because, you know, she needs to. So far she has cruised her way along the pointy edged coffee table and along the bathtub to the toilet where we have ceramic tile. She has also attempted IN the bathtub, but I quickly put an end to that. Mean mama.


Also, over the last few weekends we've been working hard on redoing our room. When it is all the way done I'll post before and after pictures for your viewing pleasure. But, here is where we're at now (this post is really for my mom & Nicole).
And yes, I rarely make our bed. You never know when I'll have the opportunity to get back in the bed and I don't want to waste time unmaking it again...

My internet friend, Nicole put together an AWESOME plan for redoing our bedroom. I can't tell you how excited I was about her ideas! However, when it came time to do it, I had major cold feet. We started painting this brownish color in our room and I was so worried that I was going to HATE it. I even thought about not doing it...but then I came into our room and John had already started painting. So, we were committed.

However, I have news for you people. This brown (officially Studio Taupe), is terribly romantic. It is soft and relaxing. It makes our furniture pop and somehow our room is more bright. Even with brown on the walls. One hundred percent unexpected. We are now supposed to take another brownish color and paint some horizontal stripes. I'm not sure that is going to happen because we spent close to 7 hours trying to get just ONE strip taped up on the wall without success and several....well, disagreements.

Please keep in mind this is not done! We still have to get the new window treatments up (by the way, Nicole, we broke one of the blinds in the bedroom while painting. Should I get something totally different for both windows while I replacing the one? Or should I just stick with the white mini blinds? Currently in place is a cardboard box cut to fit in the window borrowed from our guest bedroom). We are also going to be doing some organizing/rearranging and picking up some new bedding and items for the walls. So, not done.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Nice work my friend!!! I have been waiting for some pictures :) I still need to post about this on my blog... I am so slow!

All redos take time and baby steps... it will get there.

Oh. And I never make my bed either. Unless some one is coming for a visit or I am selling my house.