background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pears?

The food/eating battle continues on at the Heidt house. Last night it was a little worse, this morning a little better, and tonight worse again. This morning I finally got William to try some pears in his fresh food feeder thing. He seemed like he REALLY liked it at first and then a minute later not so much. Oh well. The watermelon and banana I bought for him to try last week are still sitting out on the counter as is our last type of meat: turkey. I just don't have it in me to push something new when I can't get him to eat his "old" favorite stuff.

Big smiles this morning in the high chair. Look how tall he is getting! I should find an old picture of him in his chair to show you how much he has grown....ohh...so lazy! Another day.

Trying out the pears. He went back for more a few times and then decided it would be much more fun to bang the feeder on his tray. Unfortunately, this made pear juice/pear chunks fly everywhere. Mommy (aka: The Party Pooper) found it was time to take away the feeder after that.


I have been out hunting around for some pants for William to wear this winter. Eventually, it will have to cool off around here and we are going to be stuck without anything to wear. We currently spend most of the day crawling around in a diaper because it is so hot and it is way easier that trying to wrestle the wiggly boy into an outfit. Soon, we won't be able to do that anymore. William was pretty set for clothes through the 9 month size stuff. Now that he is wearing 12-18 month stuff, we are going to have to stock up. Here he is trying on some pants for me this morning. I guess I though the 12 month stuff would look bigger on him? Not sure if these will work for him all winter, or if I should go back out and get some in the 18 month size also? Experienced mothers and/or opinionated persons should leave me a comment or e mail me please.


Okay, I know they are a little long in the legs - but it isn't a ton... Also, he is wearing a paper diaper and the cloth ones take us a little more room (pants will be shorter).

Tonight we went to our friend Charlotte's house for dessert. Charlotte will be one at the end of this month and she is having heart surgery tomorrow morning. We hope everyone will keep "Sharlie" in their thoughts and prayers tomorrow - she is a special little girl.


And, a few bonus pictures as I know you all have been missing him!

William using his new toy. Please note: this isn't what I had in mind when I made this toy.


Again, the purpose of this toy is to help develop the fine motor skills with his HANDS. Not mouth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

My boys, both breastfed, grew very rapidly the first 9 months of life and then slowed down incredibly. I've heard breastfed babies tend to grow much faster the first 7 months and then plateau. I too was getting new clothes all the time for Bailey as a baby, so I decided to just skip ahead a size in pants in the winter(especially with crawling because them seem to get shorter and shorter). That was the wrong move, Bailey ended up staying in size 12 month pants until he was 1 1/2 to 2 yrs old if I remember correctly. He continues to stay about a size behind his age. So, you never know when William might slow down.

Andrea

John & Kelly said...

Huh...I guess I'll just have to wait and see! This guessing game is driving me crazy!