background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reading with Grandpa



When Grandma and Grandpa were here last month, I asked my dad to read to William as part of his bedtime routine while I did some quick picking up. My dad looked at me a little funny, but I had an ulterior motive. Reading to the kids is absolutely one of my favorite parts of my day, largely because it is one of THEIR favorite parts of the day. Amelia in particular, gets herself so excited about books that her whole body gets going. Her arms fly, her feet kick, she squeals. It is quite the show and bring a smile to my face every single night.

William too is completely entralled by stories and being read to. He will shut everything else going on (most of the time) and focus himself on the story being read. Amelia can be doing a little baby dance while squealing away and he won't bat an eye. She can even flail her arms and HIT HIM IN THE FACE and he will not takes his eyes away from his book.

Knowing this, I sent Grandpa in to do the reading chore for the evening and I was not disappointed to hear him laughing only a few minutes later as Amelia knocked the glasses off his face in excitement. Enjoy - I know we did!


No comments: