background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

No More Kisses

William has been a hoot, as usual. On Sunday, we ran to the store for....well, something. On our way there, I buckled him into his carseat and then kissed his cheek. Moments later, I turned to see HIM WIPING OFF MY KISS. Clearly he is an early bloomer as I thought you needed to be at least three for this behavior.

So, I kissed him again in the same spot. Twice. He looked at me very seriously and told me:

"I don't like it Mama kisses anymore. I only like Daddy kisses. No more kissing Mama."

I about died right there in the car trying not to laugh out loud. Because, you know, he was totally serious. I tried kissing him again (I was buckled in right next to him because I was too lazy to get out of the back seat and get in the front seat) a few minutes later and he again wiped off my kisses.

There are two reasons I am lucky:

1) William's baby sister might have the most kissable cheeks on the planet, so there will just have to be more kisses for her.

2) This morning I was kissing on those fat baby sister cheeks while she giggled away. William wandered over and plunked himself down next to me and demanded some kisses of his own. No recollection of the kisses ban from the previous day.

No comments: