background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Half birthday party


I read about someone online (the internet is a dangerous place, people) who celebrated their baby's half birthday. They had some neat ideas...although we only used the cake idea. At the end of Amelia's 6 month photo shoot, I really wanted to try and get a newish family picture to post over there on the right side of your screen. Because I am tired of looking at myself in a hospital gown. I was also inspired by my cousin in law (or something like that), Kara, to try and get some pics outside....
Daddy and his baby girl

Mama and Amelia - also titled "Kelly has much to learn about outdoor lighting"
William was thrilled to be having a birthday celebration. He is a fan of anything involving cake. This is Amelia's half birthday cake. I took a round cake pan and cut the cake in half, stacked them and frosted. Not to worry, I did not throw out the other half. I just turned it into cupcakes. At William's insistence, we sang to Amelia (although we did NOT wear party hats, go get balloons, blow out candles, have presents or follow through with a few of his other requests). The half birthday girl - she did NOT eat cake. She ate birthday cereal and birthday squash.
During Amelia's photo shoot, William woke up from a nap. He actually WANTED me to take his picture. I wasn't going to argue!
My handsome big boy
I am so proud of you big boy!A serious face...I think Daddy was talking to him maybe?

No comments: