background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Morning Secrets

Amelia has been an early bird lately. Like 615am early*. When I hear her crying, I stumble into her room with my eyes shut to get her out of her crib before she wakes up her brother in the next room. With my eyes only half open, I shuffle back to bed while squeezing her diaper to gauge how close to overflowing we are (see here for more on that). Most days, I've been taking my chances on the diaper overflow and popping her into bed with me (John is surely more in love with me now than ever before, right honey?). It is win/win for both of us. John is already long gone at work, so we have the bed to ourselves. She eats, I snooze a little longer. We both snuggle, we're both happy.

What makes the moment a lot sweeter is Amelia's morning babbling is usually a whisper. Pfft. Fffft. Crccccccc... I like to think she is softly telling me secrets or about her dreams from the night before. Sweet, baby dreams, of course**.





*Anything before 7:30 to me is too early. Her early rising may or may not have to do with the fact that she is needing to eat more, so ready or not solids are coming soon***.

**I've been thinking about trying to get this on video. But, then the whole world would know all her secrets. I'm not sure I want to share these sweet secrets...

***Solids were coming in the next week or so regardless of the sleep situation.

No comments: