background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ka-BOOM

On the way home from Minnesota yesterday, William was complaining (and I don't blame him. 7+ hours strapped down into a carseat without being able to run or play very well...boring!). I was attempting to ignore him as it was nap time and I was hoping he would drift off for a Very Long Time. But, I was enjoying listening to him. At that moment, his chief complaint was that baby sister was not smiling at him. She was sleeping at that very moment and I wasn't about to wake her up to smile at her brother. More likely is waking her would remind her about being strapped into HER carseat and oh! but how unhappy she is about her carseat!

Without any help from me, William needed to do more if he was going to get that smile he was after. So, he started kicking Amelia's seat. Amelia continued sleeping (isn't she an angel? Although her halo was pretty tarnished when she cried/fussed/complained for the last 1.5 hours. Again, can't really blame her). He kicked harder and harder. Still, nothing. It got quiet for a few moments and I thought maybe, just maaaaayyyyybeeeeee he had fallen asleep when all of a sudden:

Ka-BOOM!!!!

William shouted "Ka-BOOM!" at his sister....and she woke up...with a gummy grin for her big brother. It was all I could do to not laugh out loud at his persistence and creative solutions to get what he wanted. It still makes me giggle thinking about it. Although, she was pretty crabby for the rest of the trip. That part wasn't so great.

---------------------------------------------------------

William has taken to greeting his little sister most mornings with a "Hey Babe!" I'm not sure where he got this one as it is one of the few things we DON'T call the baby sister. But, it is adorable every.single.time.


No comments: