background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Boy

Last night, I walked by William's room on my way to do Something Important. It was also Very Late at night, so when I realized his light was still on, I opened the door to turn it off (he can reach the light switch from his crib). As it was an hour after bedtime, I was surprised William wasn't sleeping at all. No, he was laying on his belly cuddled up with his favorite blanket reading a book. He looked up at me when I opened the door and then went back to looking at the pictures in a book.

Anyone knew me growing up knows that if there was a way to sneak in extra reading time after lights out I was totally doing it. Reading by nightlight: check. Reading by flashlight: check. Reading with the door to the hallway open: check. Taking a book to the bathroom tucked inside my pajamas: check. Trying to read by light of the streetlight: check. Pretending to still have homework so I could read: check. All been done. I was a rebel of the worst kind. All out cheating and lying in order to read a book.

So, it was very sweet to see the possibility in William for similar rebelious acts at a very unexpected time. Don't worry people, I will keep my eyes on him and the dangerous reading in check.



PS I was ahuggin' (yes, I just made that word up) William tonight at bedtime and he was hanging on to the crib rail and bouncing. At one point he bounced enough that he was able to pull himself up on the crib rail to mid thigh level. This would mean roughly 3/4 of his body was hanging out over the top of the crib. It would then appear he is physcially capable of getting himself out of his crib. I am going to go ahead and say that it is just a matter of time before he actually goes ahead and climbs on out. The crib is probably on its way out. Baby coming or not...the crib will be done soon.

2 comments:

Sanford Family said...

My boys both love reading in their beds at night and in the mornings, especially Bailey. Sometimes he stays up very late reading. Isn't it a great thing to see?

Nicole said...

I am currently laughing so hard, I am crying! That is HYSTERICAL!

I used to use my nightlight all the time. Keiran has been busted a number of times reading when he should be asleep. Opening the door, requesting a nightlight even though I KNOW he can't sleep a wink with any light in the room, a flashlight (but it neighs when it is turned on so he was busted). I don't think he started as young as William though!

Keiran couldn't have toys in his room when we were in Indy because that is what started the crib escapes. That and his books :)