background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

I Could Probably Save you A lot of Money on Your Car Insurance Too

Last week while I was cleaning the bathroom, the vacuum cleaner didn't work. Which, was not a good thing because I am lazy and don't believe in actually washing the floors (shh...don't tell). I usually just vacuum quick to get the big pieces picked up and wipe down every...year or so. John looked at the vacuum and couldn't find anything wrong with it - but also couldn't make it work either. Big discussions were held and different possible solutions were evaluated by the team.

Later in the week, our electric toothbrush started to fade. Which is a bummer because...well it is how we brush our teeth. This also might make us lazy because we prefer to not actually do any work while maintaining our personal hygiene. However, we do brush. Most of the time. But! We were in danger of having to manually brush our teeth with our very own arms and locate manual toothbrushes in the cabinets under the sink which would have required: time and effort. So, it might have come to not brushing for the one of us who is very lazy (hint: it is me). So, again big discussions were held and different possible solutions were evaluated by the team.

This week, I was starting to pick up in the bathroom and I brought in our HUGE vacuum cleaner to try and get the bigger chunks of dust bunny up off of the floor. On the way into the bathroom, I got distracted by cat hair in the hallway and plugged in to take care of it right away. However, when I got to the bathroom, the vacuum no longer worked. At all. At this point I became suspicious and took the vacuum back to the hallway, where it still worked (but the cord wasn't long enough to reach the bathroom). Glowing with my own brilliance and problem solving skills, I took the smaller vaccum cleaner to the hallway to test it out and AHA! I fixed it!

I did a little dance in the hallway, celebrating the fact we wouldn't have to spend a lot of money replacing my favorite little vacuum cleaner. Until I realized that we probably had faulty wiring or bad outlets. Which was going to either burn our house down (expensive to replace), require 12123423345235324 hours of repair work by John (also expensive, time consuming), or 12 hours of repair work by an electrician (expensive). So, I called John at work with the good news/bad news scenario. John, was of course, amazed at my brilliance (even though he didn't say so at the time) and money saving capablitlies. After carefully analyzing the situation, he revealed his own brilliance by suggesting I press the black button on our bathroom outlet labeled "Reset". When I did, the whole world got a little happier.

The vacuum cleaners (both) work in the bathroom when plugged in. The charging light on the electric toothbrush is back on again and the toothbrush is at full power.

No money was spent fixing either the vacuum cleaner, the toothbrush or our wiring. I am so awesome - want me to come to your house and save you some money?

PS I know it is lame that we have 2 vacuums, but there is a reason for it. Long story, not very interesting though.

PPS The cell phone issue is being fixed. With all the money saved from the vacuum/toothbrush situation, we are replacing the phones. New cell phones will arrive within the week. Will let you know when the number reversal will take place again. Can't stand John's phone. The phone book makes no sense. How am I supposed to find my parents' numbers when they are under their given names, not Mom and Dad?

No comments: