background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 25, 2007

Stories

Well, the internet is not working any better. So, I have been forced to get up off the couch and move to the office to blog. I am so lazy. I am going to tell you the promised stories with pictures. The camera is in the kitchen. See above lazy statement. I hope you appreciate all the work I do...so lazy.

First: Basement
We have been working little by little on getting the basement ready for drywall. After William was born, the work has slowed down to a crawl (HAH! Lazy, but funny). This weekend, we were able to work for a longer period of time as William was busy in his "office". You would have to ask John exactly what we did, but we ran some cables and worked in the bathroom area. I mostly ran and got tools, picked up trash, moved boxes around to make room for big piles of drywall, and kept an eye on William in his office. While working on the bathtub, William got a little fussy. He was much happier when he got to "help"! According to John, there are only a few more things that have to happen before we order the drywall. I think one of the things we have to do is figure out how we are going to get it from the delivery truck into our house.

William helps with the tub

What a great helper!
Second: Backpack
John and I really like hiking. This love was born when we lived in Seattle. Although we have not ever achieved the frequency of hiking that we used to do in Seattle, it is still something we enjoy. William seemed like he was well on his way to enjoying hiking also. However, the backpack we were using to carry him is now too small. So, it was time to upgrade. We spent a long time on Saturday at REI trying on (and drooling on) several different backpacks. I love that about REI. The same guy sat with us for an hour and adjusted several different packs to fit John and then William. The whole time, he was explaining the differences and features in packs to help us pick. He didn't complain once. Not even when William urped a little into one of the packs (it's okay. it is the one we ended up picking and buying). So, hike on! We are excited to try the pack out on our upcoming trip to Minnesota and North Dakota!


Our new backpack!

William's favorite thing about this backpack? He can hit John's head over and over and over....
Third: Nursery
Our new church has a nursery. Every week, people in church let us know there is a nursery available if we want. So far, I haven't wanted. In the last two weeks William has gotten a louder voice and been harder to distract away from using it. So, I picked this week. This last Sunday would be the day we used the nursery for the first time. I wasn't worried about him - I was worried about me. But, I did it. I walked in and gave him to the woman running the nursery and it was fine. I only checked on him once and he was having a great time watching the other kids run around and play. So, another thing to check off of my list of things to do.


I promise I'll be back with some pictures for you. But, I have packing and laundry to do for our trip and some worrying to do as well!


A special bonus for you all: our first tomato! The color looks a little funky because I couldn't get the light just right. I promise it wasn't quite as orange...we ate it tonight and it was GOOD!

No comments: