background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sitting, Spitting and Teeth

Today was the last day of school. William and I went to wave good bye to the buses as the kids left for the last time. I got to see a lot of my students from this year and cheer them out of the parking lot into the summer time. Waving the kids good bye is one of my favorite days of the year. It always brings tears to my eyes as I wave good bye to students that I loved in class as well as those I am glad to see leaving for the last time. Now they are in high school. I am feeling a little down because after I waved good bye to my fourth set of eighth graders, I went up to my room to organize and pack up some things to bring them home. Some one else is going to be teaching in my room next year. I don't know if I like the idea of someone else on my turf and sharing my space. I really don't want anyone else teaching those eighth graders next year. There are several kiddos coming up that I was hoping to teach next year. Now someone else will get to. I am not questioning my decision to stay home next year. Much. I still think it is the right thing for us to do...probably. I'm just a lot sad about packing up my room, saying good bye and knowing I won't be a part of things next year. I'll miss those kids...hormonal, crazy, smelly, drama causing eighth graders. Who knew I would love them so much (most of the time)?

Anyhow, enough of my sadness. William is working really hard at sitting up. If you put him on the ground, he does these "baby sit ups" to try to get to sitting. Sometimes, you have to unbend him from the sitting position to get him to lay down. He finally is showing he has a sense of balance. With my 50% DNA, it is completely possible that he would have no sense of balance. So, here are some pictures of us tonight with William practicing the sitting up. Please note: we are now confident enough in his skills that NO one's hands are waiting to catch him. He doesn't need it.



Serious baby. When did he start looking like a little boy and not a baby?


Smiles for the daddy.


Sitting and playing - they go together great!

We are also excited to announce that William has mastered the raspberry sound with his mouth. It is messy and I'm working on an entry dedicated entirely to the drooly mess he makes with his mouth. And teeth. The tooth is officially here. It is on his bottom left side of his mouth (or the lower right side of the picture). It is still hard to see in the picture - but I promise it is there!


Tomorrow we are going back to West to do some final (I think) packing. I'm not looking forward to it because we need to get up and go on the early side instead of laying around in our PJ's for most of the morning. Oh well...

more tomorrow,

kelly

1 comment:

Tom and Robyn said...

He is getting so big! He does look like a little boy, but I can definitely still see the "baby" in him! I can't believe he can sit already, but I'm sure he's enjoying the view.

I'm sure it's hard to know that someone else will be teaching your kids next year. At least you'll be with your favorite one, though!