background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2007

The rules have changed...tooth # 2

Just a little housekeeping: There is the new audio of William blowing raspberries on the left side of the screen. They are labeled as "new". I added some pictures to yesterday's post also. They're worth it. Don't be lazy, scroll down.

Yesterday, we celebrated John's birthday. We were going to go hiking, but got rained out. Our fabulous friends didn't bail on us...we got to out for lunch at the Roadhouse. Mmmmm. It was fantastic - they even brought gifts. Great, John appropriate gifts: splinter removal kits, caribeener flashlight, a KNIFE!, a ball to play with William, rescue whistle, silly string, rubber gloves, wipes, and can coolie. I heart our friends. They are the best.

It seems we have hit a rough patch. The rough patch occurs between 4:30 and 8pm. Nothing has changed (in our opinion). We are doing things the same as we always have. Yet, we have one unhappy little boy. I've never been a rule meister for any game. Yet, I find myself standing here complaining "This is not how the evening is supposed to go..." We suspect teething to be the culprit - but short of him announcing his gums hurt, we are just guessing. William has been known to cry now and again in the past. We've even had a few tough, crabby days in a row. This is a new time high for tough days. What worked before isn't working currently. We are sticking it out (is there another choice?) well. There is a lot of taking turns and helping each other out. I'm proud of us. But, I'm ready for this to be over. Now that the second tooth has made an appearance, we're hoping things will improve...


In other news, I have been promising myself that I would go back to the Y. They have childcare. Since William was 8 weeks old, I have been trying to find a way balance things to get to the Y. A lot of the issue is motivation, a portion in my head and the rest is plain old scheduling problems. I have been waiting almost 12 weeks to pull it all together. Today, it happened. I got myself and William to the Y in one piece. We were both fed and relatively clean. Without tears, I was able to leave my baby with the very nice complete strangers in the child watch area. William did not appear to notice I was leaving and the child watch worker promised to distract him with a nice "video". With the mention of "video", I almost grabbed William and ran. But, I am stronger than this. No "video of neglect" will get between me and my workout. I returned precisely 31 minutes later. I practically flew back to the child watch center. William was moderately happy to see me as he tried to pick up the letters in the carpet pattern. His only show of emotion was when I picked him up, he protested leaving his numbered carpet. The first week is always the hardest (physically, and now emotionally) - so hopefully we can get into a routine to get us there at least 3 times a week. We're going to try and get a picture of the new tooth tonight - no promises!

No comments: