background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Why I love my dad, Rochester

Just a quick post with two things I need to tell you. We are leaving for Rochester tomorrow afternoon sometime and returning on Sunday. I called my parents to inform them that they would be hosting us starting tomorrow when I happened to mention to my dad I was on a quest. A quest for a brownie recipe.

It all started on a cool night last weekend. The chocolate cravings were kicking in and it was actually cool enough to turn lights on as well as the oven inside the house without getting heat stroke. So, I pulled out the brownie mix. On the side of the box, I spied a recipe for "4 star brownies". I am unable to resist such things. Brownies good enough for the 4 star rating, but not enough for 5? Irresistible. So I made them and they were excellent. So good, I would like to have them again. Alas, the box is now gone with the recycling last week. So I've googled and searched and can't find the stupid recipe anywhere. As a result, I was out at the grocery store picking up a few things which included another box of brownies only if it had my recipe on the side. I went to THREE different stores without any 4 star brownies in sight.

That brings us back to this evening while making reservations at the McGarry Motel. Turns out my dad was at the grocery store. I told him the whole brownie deal and he promised to take a turn through the brownie aisle. I didn't hold much hope as 1) I couldn't find the mix and 2) I didn't think he was actually listening for part of the story. I was very VERY happy when my dad called back later to confirm the kind of brownies I was looking for : he has them! Hurray!

Hmmm....after reading over this I have to apologize. I promise an update tomorrow with pictures. Remind me to show you the neat new walking toy the neighbor gave us!

No comments: