background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cute stuff William is learning

It would appear the gross motor skills are slowing down a little bit (no, I didn't say HE was slowing down. If anything he is crawling even faster). William is still learning and picking up some new things all the time. Over the weekend, I caught John teaching William how to do this:








The bonus of the toilet paper roll is that the toilet is RIGHT there. It is so LOUD when he bangs on it- he loves it!

Crawling while holding the t.p. in his hands

Now, every time we are in the bathroom, he heads straight for the toilet paper roll. I'm sure he would have figured it out eventually -but thanks Daddy!


His other favorite pastime is pulling himself up on you. No problem unless you are wearing pants that have an elastic waistband. Consider yourself warned.

Yesterday when I was feeding William, he started smacking his lips together. Sort of like..."Mmmm....good [smack]". Either that or it sounds like he is blowing kisses. I'm not sure what he is trying to say/do, but I'm calling them kisses. Just 'cause I can.

He is also babbling a LOT more than before and I feel like he is trying to imitate words when he hears them. Yesterday we had an eye appointments and I was trying to entertain William with a container of Cheerios. He somehow managed to grab a whole handful and then drop them all on the ground. I said "Uh oh" and William stopping his wriggling and looked back at me and said something that sounded a lot like "Uh oh". Both John and I stopped what we were doing to look at him. He just kind of giggled, but wouldn't do it again. Maybe because I refused to dump the equivalent of half of box of Cheerios on the floor of the doctor's office. The talking is coming though...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what? no pictures of William sucking on the toilet seat?!