background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 24, 2007

Hello, How are You?

Well, it turns out I update my blog most of the time during naps. And this week, William has decided that napping is for babies. In the middle of last week, he decided it was way more fun to be crabby and cry a whole lot than to succumb to the evil nap. Then, he decided he didn't like eating any solid foods. Or even nursing all that much. To top it off over the weekend he decided to run a fever and stop sleeping through the night. I knew something was up, but tried to wait it out. Really, I did try. This afternoon when William was wailing away in his high chair after refusing his123129483463592385th cereal feeding since last week, I gave up and call the doctor's office. I was a little worried about bringing him in because of stupid insurance companies, but decided to risk owing the doctor's office $15576879687985.59 and made an appointment. The good news is William has some sort of viral infection in his throat and he isn't contagious anymore. This is good for several reasons. First, it means that he is almost better and I might get my sweet baby boy back soon. Second, it means that I can maybe return to the Y tomorrow and use their child care. Not being able to drop him off has been really cramping my style. Because, you know, it is really all about me.

The bad news is that we had to have a "sick" baby appointment in order to get this news. And, there was a lot of scary stuff going on in the waiting room. A lot of spots, coughing and other mysterious illnesses. After the appointment, I was relieved that this was not announced "teething pain". He is legitimately sick - it is possible that I do know what I am doing here. The doctor was quite impressed with his "mouthful of teeth" and his "cute observing eyes" during the proceedings.

In other news, John painted? stained? our deck this weekend while I played the sick baby games. William learned how to make a fantastic lip noise with his mouth that sounds like he is ready to play the trumpet. Or possibly the trombone or tuba. We will have to show it to Grandpa for a musical assessment to determine which instrument this lip noise is most suited towards.

I'm tired - off to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow...

No comments: