background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

Only my Pinky fits in his nose...

William has boogers. Lots of them lately. They drive me crazy because they make funny noises as he breathes in and out or actually halfway come out of his nose as he breathes. It is quite the challenge to get them out of his nose. The booger sucker thing from the hospital works okay - but it is hard to get it in his nose when he is trying to get it into his mouth and suck on it. I've resorted to picking his nose for him. I figure, I deal with the poo and spit, why not add boogers to the list. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, only my pinky fits into his nose. Last week something came out of his nose when he sneezed that NO ONE would believe came from a baby that was not quite 3 months of age. I resisted the urge to document the booger onto digital media (photographing it) and did save it for a short period of time to show John when he came home from work. As William's father, I knew John would be proud of the size of his son's boogers. However, after 30 minutes out of the nose, the booger had deflated (lost moisture?) and wasn't as impressive looking - so I threw it away. Some day, I know I may regret this. I will never be able to actually show William his gigantic boogers from when he was a baby. Ahh... the things we regret about our children's childhoods...

1 comment:

Leila said...

this is so funny!!! wish someday, when we get married, we can have babies too! and i definitely will draw inspiration from your blog on "how not to wait for 30minutes to post a booger". lol!