background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Amelia is 4 Months Old!


How can our baby be 4 months old? Amelia is turning into quite the big girl. She is now rolling in all directions quite rapidly. Earlier today, she transported herself to the trashcan on the floor of the hall to check out the plastic bag inside and ended up tipping it over on herself. Luckily, I was right there to catch the can before she was covered in 2 days worth of poopy diapers (and yes, the trashcan now has a new, baby friendly location). With all her self propelling these days, we have had to upgrade to a bed sized comforter on the floor to attempt to contain the spit up stains on our carpet. She still manages to get herself to the side and urp over the edge, but it helps. Scooting in the forward direction isn't far off as recently I've watched her work and work to get to toys right in front of her. Legs kicking and arms flailing push her forward at about 2.5 mm per hour, but she is getting there! Or rather, not getting there yet.
Keeping her on her belly for the whole photo shoot was quite the ordeal (and quite the workout!). Thank goodness, my favorite assistant, Daddy was home to help keep me on her belly and get her to smile big!

I'm not sure what is up with her hair...either her head is growing so rapidly, it appears her hair is falling out (my favorite theory) or her hair is falling out. I am so sad to be loosing the wild woman hair.
Looking up at daddy


Checking out her hands...contemplating spitting up on her outfit.
Giggling

Our girl also loves to be upright. I'm not sure if this is related a little to her spitty reflux or just a baby determined to satrt running to catch up with her brother. But, Amelia loves to sit and stand upright. She would do this all day long if I had nothing else to do.
Standing with Daddy's fingers

Standing with Daddy's help - you can see here how nicely his fingers have healed after our December car accident.
Peeking out from under her hat







As you would expect, Amelia is quite interested in her brother's toys and generally whatever he is doing. William is tolerating this new, mobile sister of his. Previously, he could keep both ladies in the house happy by providing his sister with one toy to look at and then playing with the rest of the 857676846354687654654654 toys we have in our house himself. This ploy does not work any longer, as Amelia works and works to get herself over to where William is playing to check the toys out for herself. So far she is happy to just watch him play and isn't demanding an equal share for herself. But, those days are coming.
Our girl has discovered her toes in the last week or two - I love this stage of grabbing their own feet for entertainment.
Fingers and toes
Just the sweet toes

Amelia continues to be quite social. There isn't anyone out there who she won't smile and giggle for. She is quite the flirt and charms people from the other side of the room on a regular basis. We frequently go places with her and have complete strangers approach us after she has worked her magic on them. She is utterly irresistible. We think so too.

Amelia flirting with her Daddy
These cheeks were made for kissing. And that is just what I do. Amelia is also giving kisses back quite deliberately. Although, they are on the messy side (open mouth, drool, occasional spit up), but she makes up for the fact by giggling the whole time she is kissing me. As if she couldn't be more delighted about kissing me.

I'm looking forward to our doctor appointment later this week as I am certain that she has made some big weight/height gains this month. Judging from the size of her jowls, number of chins and the amount of rolls on her thighs, I would say she is now getting enough to eat. She is looooonnnnnng like her brother and is wearing sized 12 month sleepers. Anything that is one piece needs to be sized 12 month. The two piece outfits are somehow more forgiving and she can squeeze her way into some 6-9 month stuff. Although the 3-6 sized pants still fit. in fact, the outfit she is wearing in these pictures is sized 6-9 month. I just bought it last weekend and I thought there would be "room to grow". Turns out I'm going to need to have her wear it a whole bunch here because I don't think it is going to fit much longer.

Although she loves eating, her curiosity about the world around her is starting to interfere with this favorite pastime. If there are noises or people talking loudly in the room around her, Amelia often has to stop and check out what is going on. This girl doesn't want to miss anything. Even if it is quiet and the two of us are alone, she frequently has to stop eating to flash her beautiful smile at me...which always makes me laugh. Which in turn, always makes Amelia laugh, which makes me laugh more. It isn't unusual for us to sit on the couch and quietly giggle at each other for several minutes until one of us decides it is time to get back to business.
Curious
What are you doing Mama?
Checking things out...

Speaking of eating, we are breaking ground on teeth. She is on the early side, just as William was with her first tooth breaking through just a few days before she turned four months old and the second tooth close behind. I'm not sure what kind of food she thinks she'll need those teeth for, but I guess she'll be ready when we get there.
Frequently the pose around here: as many fingers in the mouth as will fit. Enough to gag herself on a regular basis. I'd worry about her predisposition towards an eating disorder, but take a look at those chins. I'll worry about that later.
In fact, sometimes more than one hand is even good


Amelia Ann, you are as sweet as can be. You are such a beautiful blessing to our family and we love you to pieces. Your smile lights up our day and I could sit and watch you for hours. In fact, sometimes I do. Just because I can, and you are mine. I love you so much, baby girl.


One out take showing my lovely assistant, Daddy in our photo studio/bathroom. You'll see the toilet directly behind Daddy's head. Nice, huh? Here Daddy is holding Amelia in place so she will QUIT. ROLLING.OVER.ALREADY. so I can take a picture.

No comments: