background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Amazing Amelia

Amelia sure is growing and learning new things lately! It is definately time to say goodbye to the newborn and hello to our kicking, giggling, rolly polly girl!
Amelia loves to stand. For hours on end it feels like. So, we pulled out the exersaucer to try it out. Amelia loves, loves, loves it! Right away her attention was caught by some spinning wheels shown in the picture above. The interesting thing (maybe only to me) is this particular part of the toy never interested William at all. I don't think he ever played with it. So, it was funny to me that Amelia spent a huge chunk of time playing with it and figuring it out.

One hand is always in the mouth. Poor kiddo with the teeth coming in...

This is fascinating (but not enough to take my hands out of my mouth)
At meal times we've been having some trouble with Amelia wanting to be with us. One of us ends up holding her and doesn't get to eat (or drops food on Amelia's head). So, we pulled out the high chair and now Amelia sits with us in her high chair - what a big girl!
Cars are a great motivation to roll around. My heart stopped the other day when I walked into the room and Amelia wasn't where I left her (about 3 feet south). However, her brother's cars were a great incentive to get moving!
We have discovered our feet! And we take great delight in pulling off whatever socks mom puts on us. Look at my talent!
My talent from another direction


Mom left me playing with blocks in the far left region of this picture. When she came back....Amelia had traveled a pretty big distance! Wow! Time to get out the BIG blanket!

No comments: