background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Stuff this Time!

We didn't need as much stuff this time around since we would be reusing most of our baby gear we got with William. However, there were a few items I wanted to get this time around becasue I've heard good things about them. Here they are, along with my 100% honest opinion!

Item #1 is a sling carrier for the baby. Amelia is tucked up in here nice and snug. And I have two hands free to do things like: eat, put laundry in the washer, pick up a crying two year old, put shoes on the two year old, unload the dishwasher and grocery shop. It also keeps her out of the sun, doesn't allow anyone to touch her, and is easy to get off and on. Not especially easy to get her in and out, but not bad. So far I am loving the sling carrier and Amelia is too. Our sling is this one.
Amelia snuggled into the sling
Happy baby, happy mama
Item #2 is the boppy pillow. I registered for this item with William and didn't receive it. Then I was too cheap to go buy one for myself. This time I really wanted to have one. While I'm not finding this item to be indispensable (as it describes itself), it is mighty handy. It is nice for nursing Amelia, but also great for holding her for tummy time and making her feel nice and snug while on her back.
It also makes for a great picture as it supports the baby's head and body nicely!


Item #3 is a nursing bracelet (mine is green and copper). I thought with two kids running around, it might be hard to keep track of how long it had been since I fed the baby. This cute bracelet has a charm you move to the time you last fed the baby and you switch it from left to right arm to remember which side you started on last time. I'm finding this to not be as useful as I thought it would be. First, I have to remember to wear it. Second, I have to remember to move the little charm. Third, William can't see me wearing it or he wants to wear it. After he is done wearing it, it is usually a few days before I can find it again. Fourth, the beads are pretty uncomfortable for Amelia when she ends up laying right on the bracelet while I'm feeding her.


Item #4 is our double sit and stand stroller. We are liking this stroller a lot. But, HELLO! It is a HUGE workout pushing this thing around! When you take into consideration a 30+lb toddler, a 12 lb baby, a 10lb carseat, and 20ish lbs of stroller, you are getting quite the workout pushing this thing up a hill! It also is a little challenging to keep William's hands off of Amelia, although very cute to watch as he reads her books or shows her his toys. Not so cute when he is pulling her carseat strap tighter or yanking the sunshade so the sun shines right in her eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I got a new sling this time too. I had an Over the Shoulder Baby Holder but wanted a pouch sling for when the baby is smaller so she doesn't get lost in all the fabric of the other one. I also bought a Boppy. I have a very old one that is packed down and a friend gave me. They're great to have!! And, instead of the stroller we got a Burley bike trailer (it can be turned into a stroller if you buy a kit). We have a double jogging stroller, still hard to push two kids uphill in it but the bike wheels help a lot... now the boys ride bikes so I don't think I'll use it much this time around. I don't want to part with it yet. Maybe there's another baby later? I'm not deciding anything right now. I can't believe we got 3 out of 4 of the same new things.

Love
Andrea