background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Updated! Grandpa and Grandma are here!

Updates added in blue!


Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Mike, and Aunt Megan all drove in for a short visit this weekend! Of course the main attraction was the new baby:


Uncle Mike meets Amelia
Mike and Amelia
Aunt Megan meeting Amelia
Megan and Mike admire Amelia
They also admire William's car playing stamina
This kid can play all day...
He could also read books all the day long
Grandma and Grandpa read with their grandkids. Please note: I swear I've turned on the red eye function on our camera on. Yet, I still produce demon people when I take their pictures. This may require consulting with the instruction manual *gasp*
On Saturday, we went took William to NASCAR world place at the St Louis Mills Mall. The boys enjoyed racing go karts and William drove a car like this. In other car related activity, the Supervan decided it hated me today*. The feeling is pretty mutual.
The little cars were just a warm up to the superfast race cars! Uncle Mike was a good sport and rode with William...

which was hysterical! William has not ever been on anything like this. Everytime the car went around the corner at top speed, a little scream (of delight? fear? I'm not sure) would escape out of him. Very cute. And yes, that scream you hear in the video is coming from William.
We also rode motorcycles...
and played some air hockey.
It was a little chilly outside, so William wore Aunt Megan's coat for awhile...
Grandma and Megan play puzzles with William
Mike and his new favorite girl: Amelia
Uncle Mike and Amelia



and finally Amelia is really starting to enjoy her toys and play. Here are Uncle Mike and Grandpa enjoying watching her!
Of course, if Amelia is getting attention, William needs to be in on the action. Here he is turning off her toy and trying to take it away from her before deciding to try and sit on her head. Lovely.



*When we went to the NASCAR place on Saturday, Amelia needed to eat. So, I stayed in the van to feed her before joining the family inside. John locked the doors when he took William out of the car and took his keys with him. I didn't realize my keys were at home along with my cell phone. Fortunately, John decided to check this and leave his cell with me when he found I didn't have mine. So, I fed Amelia and changed her diaper. I was sitting in the backseat with her and started getting ready to get out of the car. This isn't an easy task as the two carseats are in the middle row of the van and block the exit. So I reached for the lock button on the drivers side. When I pressed the automatic switch, nothing happened. Same thing on the passenger side. I tried to manually unlock the door when the van unleashed its fury. Immediately after I pushed the button to the unlocked position, the button flipped back to lock. And the car alarm started going off loudly. I didn't have keys, so I didn't know how to turn the alarm off. I tried to manually unlock the door on the passenger side as well as the rear doors with the same LOUD results. It was LOUD and I was very stuck in my own car. This made me VERY unhappy - had it been a hotter day or a different situation, this could have been very dangerous. As it was, I had to wait for someone else to leave the NASCAR play place and come out to the car with a remote to let me out of my own car. This is the part that gets me. IT IS MY CAR!! AND IT WOULDN'T LET ME OUT! Thank goodness John left the cell phone otherwise I could have been waiting a very, very, very long time before someone came out to rescue me. And a word to the van: I'm mad at you. Very mad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't notice any bibs on little Miss Amelia... does this mean she is not a heavy spitter? Or, do you take the bibs off for pictures? Looks like you had fun with the family!

Love
Andrea