background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 30, 2009

2 Months

Amelia was 2 months old on May 30th! It snuck up on me so I didn't have time to plan her outfit and change my mind 23908472938569 times as I normally do. We had a tough time getting her picture done because of some lighting issues (it is always light with me!), but I got two or three that I liked in the end (out of close to 100). So, first the ones I like:
Precious baby girl- she is working so hard to figure out her hands lately
Sweet smiles
Smiling with her whole body
Serious face
Silly baby girl!
Happy girl


Sucking on her lower lip
So many different faces! It also appears the crazy hair is here to stay for awhile longer - yay! I love the wild hair!

Yawning means my time for happy faces is almost up!

How can she be 2 months old?






And the out takes:

Inside it is too dark! As you can see, Amelia is very much into kicking lately.

So, then I took her outside where there was LOTS of light. Which created the shadows on her face...
And made it so she wouldn't open her pretty eyes!
It was also super windy...Amelia was not a fan of the wind. And then I spent 10 minutes chasing our age notecard around
Evidence of wind

So, then I moved into the shade of the tree and turned her so she wasn't facing the wind...only to come up with some speckled skin (even with fill flash! Argh!)
A smile in spite of the wind/sun
More speckled- ness

I think this one is cute....but speckled!
This one could be okay with editing...but who has time?

So, back inside we went. We still didn't have great light.


The changes are coming hard and fast this month. Physically, Amelia is growing like crazy. Tonight she is wearing a six (6!) month sleeper and it is about the right length. Two weeks ago she was in 3-6 month outfits. Who knows what next week will bring! Actually, I know that next week will bring our 2 month well visit with our ped. I'm interested in seeing how much she has grown.

Over Memorial Day a few things happened. Amelia was fussy in the evenings, she started producing buckets of drool and the amount of spit up has increased. All of these clues indicate we are starting with the teething. The swollen gums confirm that teeth are on their way - it could still be several weeks from now based on what her mouth looks like. I don't know exactly when we'll see our first teeth, but they are a'comin'.

One of the other fun things to watch is Amelia's sunny disposition. She is a big smiler and in the last week has added a hysterical giggle to go with her great big grin. She absolutely LOVES having people talk to her and does a downright adorable jig if you smile and talk to her (especially mama - what can I say? She is still a mama's girl). She also has been doing a lot of talking back - which I think it cute at this stage. No so much when she turns two. The two of us have some pretty deep conversations when it is just us by ourselves. The conversations only happen when we are alone because most of the time she is trying to keep an eye on her older brother. She really has to work hard to keep her eye on where he is and what he is doing. And when he plays with her or gives her attention? She about creates a tornado with the arm waving, feet kicking that occurs.

She has noticed her hands and spends about 50 % of her time trying to get both of her fists into her mouth. The other 50% she spends either pummeling herself in the face while attempting to get the hands into her mouth or pulling up her dress to expose her diaper to the world. It appears that she may also be rolling, although no one has yet to see it. I leave her in one position and leave the room for a moment and come back to find her flipped over the other direction. So far, I have only witnessed her easily rolling herself onto her sides from her back (both L and R).


and most of all, my shirt currently smells strongly of spit up. On both the left and right side. This is the life!

No comments: