background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Explanations...

I've updated the clue pictures so you can see what my hints were about:

Clues #1, #2

Clues #3, #4

Clue #5

Last set of clues

At the beginning, I was worried about being too obvious and giving things away too soon. John and I were trying to wait and tell people around the 12 week mark. He did a pretty good job...and I tried not to tell more than one person per day. So, if you haven't had a call or e mail from me, that is why. I've been avoiding you because a) I'm really bad at keeping my own secrets and b) I've been totally exhausted.

So, now that we have cleared the twelve week mark, I'm free to share some more information with you. Baby #2 has a due date of 3/29/09 - which we all know is just an approximation of the arrival time. We don't know the gender of this baby and we aren't sure we are going to find out this time. After all the trouble we had naming William, we've started compiling a list of name possibilities. However, I don't think we're going to pick anything final until after the baby is born like we did with William. Just fair warning: you can ask me what I think we're going to name the baby and I'll give you the pick of the day/hour/minute/millisecond (John will probably say "ask Kelly"). But, don't run out and get anything monogrammed until after the baby comes.

Now that the fog I've been living in has started to lift, I can honestly say that this time 'round was harder for me than William's pregnancy. I've been terribly nauseous for at least the last 6 weeks. Nothing sounds remotely appetizing and about 89.7% of smells make me gag. Even more frustrating is when something sounds like it might be okay - things can change. For example, two weeks ago we went out to eat at Applebee's because we had a gift card. I had trouble finding anything that sounded okay, but finally settled on some soup and salad. By the time it got there, there wasn't any way I was going to be able to eat it. John willingly (read: not happily) agreed to trade with me until I noticed he had broccoli on his plate. Then, he just ate mine for lunch and brought his home with him for lunch the next day. I wouldn't let him heat up the broccoli in our house - I'm super nice like that. However, as with William, I have not actually thrown up. Just felt like I might at any minute for about 6 weeks.

John has been wonderful and amazing. He has come home early upon request to play with William while I nap. He is doing the majority of our cooking and cooks odd dinners with minimal smell without complaint. He has totally taken over the loading of the dishwasher and washing of our cloth diapers as I really struggle with the smells from both. He hasn't complained when everything around the house is sliding. Very little has been accomplished around here while John is at work. General cleanliness, personal hygiene, physical fitness activities, financial accuracy, blogging and fun William activities have all suffered greatly and in some cases been eliminated entirely. It is surprising how much parenting cannot be accomplished (well) from the couch. As William walked by the couch a few weeks ago, he reached out and patted my favorite spot and said "Mama, couch". Yes William, that is where Mama sits on the couch a lot these days.

To recap: We're pregnant and we're so very excited. We hope you're excited for us too. I think we've turned a corner in the total exhuastion and nauseua so hopefully things will be caught up to speed shortly. We'll see....

*Watch for the camping updates tomorrow during naptime....maybe!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You are too funny!!!! I am so happy for you! I hope the "morning" sickness ends soon. For some reason my second pregnancy was much harder as well.

Tom and Robyn said...

I definitely know your pain! This one was a lot harder in the beginning too.

My theory is that when you have a toddler, you burn 20,000 more calories per day than when you didn't have a toddler. Add in pregnancy...you have no appetite...no energy...and you end up losing 10 lbs. in your 1st trimester.

I hope it gets better for you soon!