background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Next Big Thing Vol 3

Anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes with me knows that I think big. Big plans, big ideas. I'm changing the world from reorganizing the pantry to developing a state wide curriculum for teenage drivers- all inside of my head. It isn't uncommon for me to try and get John to agree to our next vacation destination during takeoff of our current trip. I like big projects and changing things up. There is always at least one or two "Next Big Things" on the horizon at our house. The list of things to do always is longer than the time we actually have to accomplish things. Which is why John is such a perfect fit for me. I am the crazy one who wanted to install a bathroom in our unfinished basement. I was ready to turn off the water and start busting up the concrete when the voice of reason came through. In his quiet way, John recommended researching (gasp!) and not cutting pipes until we had a better plan in place. With my pushing to accomplish and his pushing for perfection it makes for a interesting tug-o-war dynamic at our house from time to time.

This isn't one of those times. John and I have talked through the remaining pieces of the basement finishing and hope to be done by the end of January 2009. With one project coming to a close, how could I resist the temptation to look towards the future? And, we have agreed upon what the next project will be. But, I'm not going to tell you what it is quite yet. I am going to take some pictures over the next week or so and see if you can guess what we are going to do next! Here is your first two clues:

Clue #1: See the Prego Sauce hiding in there?
Clue #2: Don't you see the bun in the oven? You can't see the one in my uterus yet either...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

We like big things at our house too. On my list... New flooring, redo the dining/exercise room, paint things, a new kitchen would be nice :)

Um, that is a Sweet Martha's cookie bucket. Num. I miss the State fair...Sigh...