background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Swirled Peas, Again

I hate peas. I hate peas. I was quite ready to move on to other, yummier smelling vegetables when John asked me what I was going to do with the 1/2 full container still left in the fridge. Unable to throw it out, we will soldier on with the darn peas. Although he doesn't appear to actually like them (that's my boy!), he will now tolerate them if they are swirled into his rice cereal and I sing 'Old McDonald' the entire time I am feeding him. The Entire Time I am Feeding Him.

We have had a busy weekend despite the poopy peas problem (not an actual poop problem at this point for those of you who care). In prepareation for the drywall delivery, John cleaned out the garage on Saturday. I confess to coming out for short periods of time and moving things around without actually helping. Then, I would suddenly remember something I needed to do or hear the baby, etc. If you talk to my dad, he will clearly remember such tactics from when I was thirteen and supposed to be helping him with yard work. Anyhow, John worked and worked all day and found all kinds of interesting treasures. Our garage sale/donate pile has grown to be quite monstrous again.

One of the treasures we found were the torches we bought for our deck 100 years ago (or 3 years ago) as the "finishing touch" for the deck. Although we walk by them every day, they seem to just sit there, unfinishing our garage. As a result, Sunday we spent part of the day installing our lovely torches. And the deck is now "finished". We also spent some time in the basement hammering things around and moving ladders while William played in his "office". We are getting closer and closer to being ready to install drywall.


Tired baby boy on Saturday. Yes, we still have the bumpers in...I keep meaning to take them out. But then he does silly things like trying to crawl into the railings of the crib, bonking his precious little head every time.


Our newly cleaned out garage. No, this is not the before shot. This is the after and I think it looks GREAT! Lots of space to hold the drywall...just not cars right now. Just not the car I guess I should say since the most we've ever got in there is my car.


Biter buscuit test drive on Saturday. Verdict:too soon for William/ mom is a paranoid freak. He definitely enjoyed it. I did not enjoy the gagging/coughing noises he made. We'll try again in awhile.


What a good helper! Rule #17: NEVER leave the ladder up where a cat could climb it into your ceiling.


William conducting business in his "office" on Sunday


The finished deck with torches

No comments: