background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sweet Potato Pie

I think we have established that I hate peas. Although it is on the early side to add another vegetable, I am tired of the swively head and trying to sneak the peas in there one way or another with crying in between. So, today we started a vegetable I KNEW he would probably like (P.S. I was right. Not that you doubted me). Sweet potatoes were a hit. He probably would have ate the entire container if I would have kept feeding him. I am relieved because I was beginning to wonder if we were pushing the solids to early. If he had turned down the sweet potatoes this afternoon or squash tomorrow, we would have had to slow down or stop entirely. I am completely okay with blaming the peas entirely. Have I mentioned I hate peas? I do. No worries though, he gobbled them up with a smile on his face.


Sweet Potatoes

The scooting on William's belly is getting quicker all the time we're noticing. He's also doing this thing when he sits up. He kind of gets going bouncing up and down until it looks like he might launch himself forward onto his face. The face plant has only happened once that I know of...I think this is all going towards that funny little butt scoot thing some kids do. We'll have to wait and see.


The other highlight of the day was our trip to the vet. I know, our first kitties are often neglected in the blog. But, their day is nowhere near as exciting as William's. Napping, eating, napping, napping in different spot, sniffing the carpet, drinking water, staring out the window, visiting the cat box, and napping don't add up to a whole lot of excitement. Even with the occasional hair ball, it doesn't add up to much. Just to reassure you, they are still our first kitties and we still love them lots. Even if they don't get much time up on the blog. The cats both had their physicals and shots - we're good for another year. both cats were very well behaved without any attitude (hissing, growling, scratching, etc.) The fatty spots on Mudd appear to have gone away or shrunk and both cats have lost weight. The vet was very pleased and my only complaint is that she didn't compliment us on how pretty their eyes are. This is the first year in history the vet has not gushed over the beautifulness of our cats' eyes. The only saving fact is she thought William was cute. We probably won't be switching vets after all. Although if another visit goes by without the eyes being noticed, I may reconsider.


Mmmmm...sweet potatoes. I think he may like the sweet potatoes more than the cereal or squash.


Opps! I don't think we quite have the hang of it yet.


The end: Mess

The end Mess Part II

2 comments:

Tom and Robyn said...

I think the sweet potato thing is universal or something. I've never heard of a baby who doesn't like them.

Another great food for down the road--sweet potato fries. They are a hit in our house on those special days when I don't have anything good to make fresh.

John & Kelly said...

Sweet potato fries? Sounds yummy! Send me the recipe!