background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 13, 2007

...and I believed you...

Now that William has been eating solids for about a month, we have noticed the change in the poo. You all told me it was coming and I believed you 100%. You said it was going to change colors and it was going to smell. Smell horribly. Even so, I was not prepared. Changing diapers hasn't ever been my favorite job, but it isn't the worst thing ever. Now, it is a whole new game. The other day, I handed him to John and asked him to change his diaper. John, none the wiser, took William towards the bedroom to change the diaper. As an afterthought, I mentioned "he might be poopy". Now, this was not fair. I knew very well that he was poopy - I just didn't want to change him myself. William has changed over from the yellow milk poo to the full on brown poo (or sometimes yellow due to the squash). The occasional slightly smelly diaper once opened has become a sewer gas emitting stench. All the time. It would be an understatement to say that the cereal has given William gas. The kid is a fart machine. If you were lucky enough to spend any time with us in the last week, William has something he would like to say to you "EXCUSE ME". I think that will cover it. At least we are now creating poo everyday with regularity. When we first started the rice cereal, everything kind of stopped. No poo for 3 days makes one scary diaper.

Moving along to other topics: Peas.

Yesterday the peas weren't exactly a hit. I thought maybe William was not a good mood, too tired, or something. So, this morning, I decided to add a second cereal feed to William's schedule and try out those peas again. The verdict is : I think he doesn't like the peas. He stopped opening his mouth and turned his head away. It was a struggle to feed him the tablespoon I had scooped out for him. Oh well. More later.

No comments: