background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Fun to Have some PINK!

It is so much fun to have a little pink around here!

One of Amelia's many faces

Sleeping Beauty

Still sleeping...

All curled up...I love this newborn curled upness!
This blanket is special for a few reasons:

1) It is one of 2 blankets we have that is pink. I like to throw a blanket over the carseat to prevent people from touching the baby when we are out. I like this blanket because it lets people (observant people, anyway) know there is a baby girl inside.
2) I bought this fabric and sewed this blanket for one of 4 people I know having a baby girl. However, as I got ready to package up the gifts I was sending out, I was really having a hard time parting with it. It is just so girly without being in-your-face GIRLY. I told John how sad I was about parting with this particular blanket and he told me it was okay to keep it until after the baby was born and then give it away to someone else. He said it was okay because...you know...there was a chance we were having a baby girl and everything. One of the first things I did when we got home from the hospital was run down to the crafting area and dig out this blanket to be washed up for OUR BABY GIRL!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

How cute! Oh, and the blanket is too :) I had some stuff waiting for Tristan to be a girl. Alas, he was not. So now I have a big supply of flannel in pinks.

Good job on the eating Amelia!! I hope you 4 have a good weekend!!!

Tom and Robyn said...

Very cute pictures! By the way, I recognized that blanket right away. It's currently MY favorite carseat/baby-in-carrier protective blanket!