background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Most Enthusiastic Cow there ever was....

Last night was our church's Christmas program for the Sunday School kids. William is not officially a Sunday School student as he doesn't meet most of the requirements (3 years of age, potty trained, follows directions). However, the director of the Christmas program needed another kid to fill the position of "COW" during the program and she asked me if William could be in it.

Before agreeing, I had to remind her of a few things:
1. William generally doesn't listen
2. William is not going to sit still
3. William is not going to be quiet when you need him to be
I didn't want us to ruin the program for her of the other kids if she had something a little more....refined in mind than what I knew William would produce. She agreed that it would be okay if things got a little chaotic with him involved.

So, without further ado, I give you William's acting debut. The high school kids were playing and singing a song called "Friendly Beasts". Each verse is about a different animal and as they sang, a kid dressed up like that animal walked up to the front and sat down around the manger. William's verse went something like this:

“I,” said the cow, all white and red,
“I gave Him my manger for His bed,
I gave Him hay to pillow His head;
I,” said the cow, all white and red.

And here is how he did:







*His costume is a recycled dog Halloween costume from this year.

PS This video does contain footage of William. It is worth looking at, even if you have a slower internet connection!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

William makes a great "Christmas Cow!" Tristan just would have cried. I love kids Christmas programs :)