background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Decorating?

One of the 100,000 things I'm working on is picking out and putting together some type of boyish decor for William's new Big Boy Room. I am totally uninspired and don't have any good ideas. All I need is a picture to get me started. Help anyone?


*What I am looking for is a Big Boy Room that will work for a few years without needing to be redecorated. Maybe until he is 10 years old? 13? 18 years old?

None of us follow sports at all which is all I can seem to find. So, boyish but not sporty. Something he will like now and will work for a long time (nothing cartoons). See? What else is there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say pick a color you like and go with it. I don't like doing characters or anything because they grow out of them so quickly. Check out the bedding at Target... it is pretty affordable. Does William like any one thing better than others? Also, I have several easy wall decoration ideas... I should email you some of the things I did and want to do :)

I totally understand wanting it to last a while... nothing worse than a kid that wants to change it all the time :) We only did what K wanted that could easily be changed.

Anonymous said...

You could always rock the train room like at GranGerry's! Or cars . . . boats . . . airplanes . . . tools . . . any of those work?

M said...

Target has some great bedding: cars & trucks, trains, boats, outer space.

Sanford Family said...

Hmmmm.... ideas for a boy room- Outer Space (this is what Bailey wants, but I refuse to redecorate already), Stripes a little labor intensive (this is what we did in the boys' room), Star Wars!!! Ha ha- I know John would love that!, Trucks/Cars/Planes/Army?, Cabin/camping theme with outdoorsy things- actually saw a room once with a tent over the bed (boy version of a canopy bed). That's it for now, check out pictures on HGTV or TLC websites, usually good ideas there.

Andrea