background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 19, 2008

Leaving tomorrow...or why I hate all dogs today

We are leaving town tomorrow and have a lot to tie up tonight. Here are a couple cute ones of the big boy:


We've taken out some of the baby toys to get William used to seeing them around the house. By doing this, we're hoping he won't try to dump his new sibling out of the swing or steal toys away from them. Also, I've had my neighbor's 9 week old baby here for a few hours this last week and it has been good to see that everything still works.


Feeding a bottle to Ernie in the swing. Honestly, he was feeding Ernie the bottle just before we took this picture.




Stacking and sorting. Notice all the squares are together, all the circles are together, etc...



Now for the rant: or why I hate all dogs. Most of the people in our neighborhood own dogs. It appears that most of the people in our neighborhood put their dogs out to relieve themselves without tying them up and just call them after an hour or so has passed. As a result, many, many dogs relieve themselves in our yard. We [read: John] spend time every week picking up dog waste in our yard even though we do not own a dog. We [read:John because I am not allowed to go near the cat box] also scoop out our cat box every week - so that end of things is taken care of also.

Anyhow, today I went out to get the mail and I carefully picked my way across the front lawn to avoid the land mines. I got close to the mail box and sped up when all of a sudden I started sliding. I looked down and found that I had slid an impressive distance on a pile of dog *(^&%*%&^%. In my new shoes. Not happy. Not happy at all. So, I therefore declare that dogs are no longer my friends. They may be man's best friend, but not mine.*



* I realize this has a lot more to do with the behavior of my human neighbors than the dogs. The poor innocent dogs are really not to blame. Their owners should take responsibility for the behavior of their dogs. However, when you are cleaning off the bottom of your shoe with your toddler in the background saying "Yucky mama. Mama yucky." you can't help but be unhappy at the one who put the poop there in the first place.

**Of course I don't hate YOUR dog! Your dog is cute!

No comments: